Dr Fay Hield & Professor Stephanie Pitts
Fay Hield and Stephanie Pitts, convenors of 'Music in The Community' at The University of Sheffield, discuss embedding enterprise into learning. Alongside specific references to the Music Department, they discuss teaching further modules of this type, and how the skills are beneficial to students.
Hannah Zelei - Student
Hannah, a third year student from The University of Sheffield, discusses her experiences of embedded enterprise in the Music Department. In particular, Hannah discusses the module 'Music in the Community', and the potential for expanding enterprise in learning.
- Assignment Briefs - Breakdown of Module and Assessment Weighting
- Guided Journal Entry - Guide to Writing Reflective Journal
- How to Choose a Good Essay Topic
- Heeley Development Trust Project - Project Brief for Heeley Development Trust, 2014
- Module Outline - Weekly Teaching and Preparation Breakdown
Hield, F., & Pitts, S. (2016). 'Creativity and community in an entrepreneurial undergraduate music module'. In: Haddon, E. & Burnard, P. (Eds.), Creative Teaching for Creative Learning in Higher Music Education (2016): 227. Routledge.